Hi there fellow writers, get your creative thinking caps on. This is for all competition lovers out there!
Clair Apps (Creative Writing For All) is currently holding a short story and poetry competition in the theme of domestic violence. All profits will go to Women’s Aid
You are invited to write a short story up to 2,000 words and/or a poem of up to 40 lines on the above theme. True stories are more than welcome. Confidentiality would be maintained.
Short Story Prizes: £70, £35, £20
Poetry Prizes: £70, £35, £20
Closing Date: 30th November 2010
Entry fee: £5, additional entries £3.
All profits made will go to Women’s Aid
1. The closing date is 30th November 2010.
2. Entries or short stories must not exceed 2,000 words and must be on the theme – Domestic Violence.
3. Entries must be typed and double spaced.
4. Entries must not exceed 40 lines, and must be on the theme – Domestic Violence
5. Entries can be single spaced.
6. Title at the top of each page. Pages must be numbered.
7. All entries must be on A4 white paper, single sided.
8. Entrants name and address must only be on the entry form, NOT the story/poem.
9. Only postal entries will be accepted.
10. Post to: Creative Writing for All, 35 Diglis Dock Road, Worcester, WR5 3FA.
11. Each entry must be accompanied by entry fee and entry form.
12. Entries will only be returned if accompanied by an SAE.
13. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Winners will be notified at the end of December 2010.
15. Entries must be original work and previously unpublished.
16. Cheques/Postal Orders payable to: C E Apps
Check out the website: http://writing-experiment.webs.com/competition.htm